One of the tragic consequences of social media on my brain is that I can only think in sound bites and each short thought is succinct from the other. Well, succinct is an understatement because sometimes I just stop mid—
What I wanted to talk about today was how I am making my own rules. (Should I tell you how long it took me to write that poorly constructed sentence? No, I should not. I blanked out at least twice during it though.)
I mean. Here’s the thing. Last week I wrote a slight rant about how I’m tired of the self-pub/indie pub gig…yada yada. If you want to read it, click this.
So today I’m going to talk about my writing rules. And here they are. In sound bites.
- Stop spending so much time on social media.
- Eat healthy foods and eat them on time. (i.e., before your stomach growls and your eyes cross.)
- Oops. This should be number one: READ THE BIBLE. I don’t care if you have 100 novels to beta read, if you only have 10 minutes to read in a day, READ THE BIBLE. RTBS (Read the Bible Stupid.)
- Does anyone else notice I’m on Step 5 and I haven’t even mentioned putting pen to paper?
- Spend time with family.
- Stop texting, Tweeting, Facebooking, IM’ing, Googling during family time.
- Be happy.
- Write when and if you feel like it.
Some may call my writing rules a recipe for disaster, or at the very least, professional failure, but I will prove some people wrong. I will.
Just wait. (A while.)